With the GoCardless integration, we can connect a community's GoCardless account to Cubigo, so resident charges can be pushed automatically to GoCardless for direct debit processing. This eliminates the work that it would take to process the debit tasks manually offline.
Cubigo can activate the GoCardless integration for a community and connect one GoCardless account. The community can define the monthly processing date that will be used as the date that the payments are requested against the residents’ mandates.
In the resident profile, a GoCardless customer reference is added, so the integration can use this to address the resident’s mandate in the API communication with GoCardless.
The GoCardless payment method can be used to collect and pay all outstanding charges generated in Cubigo with the unpaid status. This is mostly all requests with the payment method “On account”.
Configurable: the time before the actual monthly processing date when all historical unpaid requests are queued for processing by direct debit. If this is set to eg 3 days, all historical unpaid requests (so not only those of the last month) will be scheduled for direct debit processing 3 days later, on the set monthly processing date.
The resident receives a notification that charges are selected for direct debit processing in 3 days. In the notification center, we also specify that they can contact staff if corrections need to be made before charges are submitted for processing. The notification deep links to the charges tab of their user profile.
Communities can choose whether they want the resident notifications to go out by push and/or mail notification.
When direct debit payments fail, the payments are retried in an X days intervals, this interval can be configured per community.
Possible scenarios for customer mandate activation in GoCardless including screenshots of all the forms and communications:
- GoCardless customers can't be created automatically from the Cubigo integration, customers need to be created manually from the GoCardless dashboard or on paper, but for this scenario, you need to pro GoCardless license, the digital scenarios are included in the standard license.
- To create a digital mandate, you need to go to the "customers" management screen and click the "Add customers" button.
- There you have the option to generate a mandate link or send a mandate-invite email to a new customer.
Mandate creation link form
- Mandate creation email form
- When you open the generated link or the link in the email, a form is shown where the resident can enter his name, address, and bank account number.
- The direct debit creation form
- After confirmation of the form, the mandate is sent to the customer's bank and also a confirmation to the email address provided.
- Direct debit setup confirmation email to the customer
- The mandate is activated as of the moment that the first charge for the resident is submitted to GoCardless by Cubigo.
- Direct debit payment confirmation when a charge is submitted to GoCardless