To get the most out of Cubigo, this document outlines multiple actions for new communities. New communities should be approached differently than communities that have been open and operating for some time.
For new communities, admissions or salespeople can use the app with prospects to actively target them in the most efficient way. For example, when new residents move in they may not know any other residents, their way around the community, or where to find relevant information. Cubigo can be the app they turn to as a solution.
Actions Related to Prospects:
- Customer Lifecycle Management:
- Pipeline Management: Creating prospect accounts, creating tasks after a tour for follow-up, etc.
- Offer to connect serious prospects and their families to the app.
- Activities Cube:
- The sales team can easily initiate activities with prospects including virtual sessions (e.g., organizing virtual tours by setting up Zoom sessions through Cubigo or inviting them to live Q & A sessions to get more information about the community - this eliminates the need for exchanging URLs or complex installations).
- Invitations to on or off campus events designed to connect them with staff and each other. These events can be designed around their interests.
- Digital Signage and In-suite Channel:
- Install the Digital Signage channel on the televisions in the common areas to broadcast content created in Cubigo that can be viewed by prospects when they enter the community. For example, create a news item to welcome prospects to their community tour. This news item can be published, then broadcast to the television in your community’s entrance for high visibility.
- Have a dedicated demo tablet to display the Cubigo app and functionalities. This will allow your prospects to get comfortable with the technology prior to their move-in date.
- Send dedicated news to prospects to inform them about tours, upcoming openings, etc.
- Connect with prospects to keep them in the loop and excited about progress toward a community opening - send construction pictures and updates.
Actions Related to New Residents:
- User Management Directories:
- Upload residents’ names and email addresses immediately in Cubigo, then provide these login credentials to them when they arrive at the community.
- Download the Cubigo application on the devices of the new residents.
- Capture interests of residents and drive resident connections through interest matching (see the Information cube).
- Information Cube:
- Directories: Residents can look for other residents and staff members within the Information cube. Residents can use the search criteria to find other residents with similar interests and also search by name or apartment number. It is recommended to upload profile pictures of both residents and staff members within their account as well as a small biography of staff members. This will help residents to know which staff member they can reach out to for each topic.
- General Community Information: In the Information cube, general community information can be posted. For example, post the resident handbook as well as the community map to help residents navigate the community and include a ‘Cubigo Starter Guide’ so that it’s right at their fingertips.
- Create ‘What’s Nearby’ listings with local churches, pharmacies, grocery stores, libraries, and post offices, etc. Include links and phone numbers.
- Activities Cube:
- When new residents arrive, export the weekly or monthly activity calendar within Cubigo, then provide it to them so they know what is happening within the community during the first weeks of their arrival.
- Organize activities where residents can learn more about Cubigo, e.g., organize a ‘Cubigo Café’ every Thursday afternoon. Encourage (even slightly) more experienced residents to teach new residents.
- Family members should be informed about what Cubigo can offer them (e.g., activity calendars, make visit requests, etc). A fun activity can be organized to get to know new family members and explain to them about Cubigo such as organizing a ‘Welcome Activity’ every first Thursday of the month with new family members.
- Offer bus tours of the local community with stops at the nearest amenities to allow residents and families to learn more about their new neighborhood. This group trip also gives residents and families a chance to get to know each other while on the bus.
- Create activities that require residents to sign up to help.
- Set up a group chat with residents that have similar interests so they can start engaging with each other and feel less isolated or lonely.
- Track interests of residents when they move-in and invite them to chat about their interests.
- Create chats for people based on their location in the building.
- Dining Cube:
- When new residents arrive, show them on Cubigo where they can find the menu so they can also view it themselves at any time.
- Upload a news article about the new resident (name, interests, etc.) to inform other residents about their arrival and make the resident feel welcome.
- Contact Cube:
- Communicate with family members of the new resident on how the resident is adjusting to his or her new home.
- Digital Signage and In-suite Channel:
- Install the Digital Signage and In-suite Channel on community televisions and residents’ apartments so that the content created in Cubigo (activities, dining, news) can be broadcasted and shared all the time with everyone in the community.
- Have a dedicated demo tablet to display the Cubigo app and its functionalities.
- Other Actions:
- Assign a (Cubigo) buddy to new residents so they can reach out to them for questions about the community and the Cubigo system.
- Upload basic information in each cube such as restaurant opening hours, wi-fi password, transportation policy, etc.
Please sign in to leave a comment.