Before installing an in-suite channel with a converter, please follow the steps below to make sure that the converter is working properly.
- If the cable provider offers a Standard Definition (SD) channel and not a High Definition (HD)
- The AppleTV signal needs to be downgraded from HD -> SD
- This is done by a converter
- A converter is a small device that is connected to the HDMI output of the AppleTV and transforms the signal into another output
- Example HDMI (HD) to RCA (SD):
- Connect the AppleTV to the internet (WiFi or ethernet - ethernet is the preferred solution for a stable connection)
- Turn it on and plug it directly into an HDMI input of a monitor/television
- Sign in to the Cubigo Digital Signage application with the credentials provided by your Cubigo SPOC
- Make sure that the AppleTV is configured before unplugging it and connecting the HDMI to the converter
- Place the converter between the AppleTV (HDMI) and output signal (example: RCA)
- Connect the SD signal (example: RCA) to the television and check the video/audio quality
You now tested that both the AppleTV and converter are working properly.