In order to manage all YouTube accounts of your communities, you need to set up a YouTube brand account. A Brand Account is an account that is specifically for the corporation (brand). This account is different from your personal Google Account. If a channel is linked to a Brand Account, multiple people can manage it from their Google Accounts. You don't need a separate username or password to manage YouTube channels (your community channels) with a Brand Account.
If you connect your YouTube channel to a Brand Account that's managed only by your Google Account:
- Who can manage the channel: If you have multiple YouTube channels connected to Brand Account, you can manage them all through one Account without signing out but switching between channels you manage. Community admins have access to and manage only the account of their community.
- What name and photo show: The YouTube channel can have a different name and photo from your Google Account and any of the Brand Accounts it manages.
Start with creating a Google Brand account. Follow the steps in the article below to create an account:
- First, check to see if you already have a Brand Account.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to your channel list.
- Click Create a new channel.
- Fill out the details to name the Brand Account and verify your account. Then, click Create. You’ve created your Brand Account.
Add a channel per community
You can now create multiple YouTube channels with the Channel Switcher tool. Here’s how it works.
Step 1: Go to your channels list here. It’ll have all of the channels under your account. You should have only one for now.
Step 2: Click Create a new channel.
Step 3: You’ll now be able to create a new Brand Account. Choose a name for what you’d like the channel to be. Then click Create.
Voila! You’ve just created a new YouTube channel. You’ll now be able to upload videos, customize, and view the analytics of this channel.
Only the owner of a Brand Account can grant people access to a YouTube channel.
- On YouTube, sign in as the owner of the Brand Account.
- In the top right, click your account Settings .
- Under "Account," select Add or remove manager(s).
- Click Manage permissions.
- Enter your password and re-authenticate. Learn more about re-authenticating your account.
- To invite new people, choose Invite new users .
- Enter their email addresses.
- Below their names, choose their role:
- Owners can take the most actions, and they control who manages the account. An account must have one primary owner. Note: Owners can take full actions on the channel, including deleting the channel, removing other owners, and designating others as either owners or managers.
- Managers can use Google services that support Brand Accounts, like share photos on Google Photos or post videos on YouTube.
- Note that communications managers don't have access to YouTube channels. Learn more about roles for Brand Accounts.
- Select Invite Done.
How communities can manage their YouTube channels (one account per community):
- YouTube live: https://support-community.cubigo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016480859-Youtube-Live
How to activate the YouTube live channel: https://support-community.cubigo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012818640-YouTube-How-to-activate-the-YouTube-live-channel
How to Live Stream on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/product-features/live/
- How to organize virtual activities in your residence: https://support-community.cubigo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013404479-How-to-organise-virtual-activities-in-your-community
- How to manage broadcasting: https://support-community.cubigo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013336900-Digital-Signage-How-to-manage-broadcasting