Cubigo VMS - Hardware troubleshooting
Troubleshooting: The app displays a “Network error” in the temperature step
There are 3 common causes of this problem that can occur when the setup is booted for the first time:
Option 1: The scanner has no network connection
Option 2 the Visit app hasn’t correctly loaded the configuration
Option 3: The temperature scanner didn’t boot correctly
- Check that the temperature scanner is connected to the router and the green led on the ethernet port is green
- Power cycle the temperature scanner, wait until you see the home screen.
- Close the visit app
- Open safari on the iPad and enter the scanner’s IP address in the address bar
- Check if you see the Uniview web interface
- Start the visit app
Troubleshooting: The app displays “We have problems printing your badge”
There are 3 common causes of this problem that can occur when the printer is restarted
Option 1: The printer is not on the home screen
Option 2: The printer has no network connection
Option 3: The printer switched to the Wifi configuration instead of wired
- Click the back arrow button on the printer until you see “P01” and the date & time on the display
- Check that the printer is connected to the router and the green led on the ethernet port is green
- Open safari on the iPad and enter the printer’s IP address in the address bar
- Check if you see the Brother web interface (--> if not then you need to reset the printer’s network configuration - see below)
Brother QL-820NWB - reset network settings
STEP 1 - Perform a settings reset in the Brother web interface
- Press the [Menu] button on the printer
- Press the UP or Down Arrow button to select [Administration], and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the UP or Down Arrow button to select [Reset], and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the UP or Down Arrow button to select the reset menu, choose [Network reset] and then press the [OK] button.
STEP 2 - Connect the printer and retrieve the DHCP IP address
- Use the [▲] and [▼] buttons to select Menu > Information > Print Configuration > All > Start in the settings menu. Press [OK].
- Nine slips of paper will print. On the seventh slip, locate IP Address (please feel free to discard the other slips that print out).
- Besides IP Address, you’ll find the IP address for your Brother printer. It's a series of numbers separated by periods (for example 192.168.1.44 or 10.0.1.23).
STEP 3 - Configure a static IP address for the printer
- Connect a laptop to the router or open the browser on the iPad
- Enter the printer’s IP address into the address bar - you see the Brother web interface
- Click on “Network” in the top menu to open the network settings.
- Click on the submenu item “Wired”
- Change the settings to:
- IP Address: 192.168.1.151
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
- Click “Submit” to save the changes.
- The address in your browser changes to the new address.
STEP 4 - Validate the configuration
- Click on “Network”
- Verify that the Wired section says “Active”
- Verify that the Wireless section says “Inactive”
Troubleshooting: The app freezes on the scan instruction screen
The app shows directly this screen without the spinner “Connecting to hardware”. It looks like the scan results aren’t returned to the Visit app.
A thermal scanner settings reset might be necessary when the Visit app was able to connect to the scanner but wasn’t able to receive scan results.
In that case, you don’t see the page with “Connecting to hardware” but you directly see this page and the error page on the right after 2 minutes.
STEP 1 - Perform a settings reset in the Uniview web interface
- Open a web browser and enter the scanner’s IP address in the address bar
- Log in with the admin user and password
- Click on Setup - System - Maintenance
- Click on the “Default” button in the “Config management” section.
The user and internet settings stay unchanged, so you should be able to go back to the web interface after the settings are reverted.
STEP 2 - Reconfigure the interface and branding settings (if necessary)
- Log in again in the web interface
- Go to setup - Common - Personalization
- Check title and/or logo in “Custom logo and Prompt” tab - click Save
- Hide all buttons in the “Custom button” tab - click save
STEP 3 - Configure the volume and authentication settings using the scanner’s display
We updated these steps because they are easier to configure on the scanner’s display.
- Go to the thermal scanner and tick 5 seconds on the screen
- Enter the admin password and click “Enter”
- Tick on the “Volume” cube
- Adjust the volume to 0
- Tick save and wait for the confirmation popup
- Tick the left arrow to go back to the screen with the cubes
- Open the “Authentication scene” cube
- Choose authentication scene “Temperature measurement Only”
- Choose the desired unit (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
- Check (or adjust) the alarm threshold.
- Tick save and wait for the confirmation popup
- Go back and exit the settings menu.