Brother - Network settings reset steps
STEP 1 - Perform a settings reset in the Brother printer interface
- Press the [Menu] button on the printer
- Press the UP or Down Arrow button to select [Administration], and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the UP or Down Arrow button to select [Reset], and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the UP or Down Arrow button to select the reset menu, choose [Network reset] and then press the [OK] button.
STEP 2 - Connect the printer and retrieve the DHCP IP address
- Use the [▲] and [▼] buttons to select Menu > Information > Print Configuration > All > Start in the settings menu. Press [OK].
- Nine slips of paper will print. On the seventh slip, locate IP Address (please feel free to discard the other slips that print out).
- Besides IP Address, you’ll find the IP address for your Brother printer. It's a series of numbers separated by periods (for example 192.168.1.44 or 10.0.1.23).
STEP 3 - Configure a static IP address for the printer
- Connect a laptop to the router or open the browser on the iPad
- Enter the printer’s IP address into the address bar - you see the Brother web interface
- Click on “Network” in the top menu to open the network settings.
- Click on the submenu item “Wired”
- Change the settings to:
- IP Address: 192.168.1.151
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
- Click “Submit” to save the changes.
- The address in your browser changes to the new address.
STEP 4 - Validate the configuration
- Click on “Network”
- Verify that the Wired section says “Active”
- Verify that the Wireless section says “Inactive”