Zoom is a tool for video and audio conferencing and is very useful when organising remote activities. Creating an activity via Zoom is made very easy because of the integration with the Cubigo platform. A meeting is automatically made and residents are able to join the meeting with just one click.
Create a Zoom-activity
1. Go to the activity back-office and add a new activity. If this is your first time creating an activity, click here for more detailed information about how to create an activity.
2. Tick off the box "Activity will (also) be virtual (via Zoom)".
Your zoom invite will be created automatically for the date and time you set-up the activity. It cannot be used for a recurring activity
3. Save your activity after filling in all details.
Host your Zoom-activity
1. Go to your activity. You can choose to go via the back office (staff toolbar) or via the cube.
- From the back office (Activities | Items): On both tabs "Details" and "Attending" you will see on top a bar to start the Zoom activity. This button will be visible 2 hours before the activity starts. Residents will see the button 1 hour before, but they won't be able to join the activity until you have entered Zoom. Click on "Start Now" to host the Zoom-meeting.
- From the Front Office (going via the cubes, like a resident): Click on "Staff Actions" and click on "Start Zoom meeting (host)"
2. The Zoom application will open on your device
3. Enable your webcam by clicking on the video-icon and click on the microphone to mute or unmute your voice.
You are now ready to host the Zoom-activity!
If you haven't installed Zoom yet on your device, click here for the instructions.