Cubigo app updates
All our iOS apps have a built-in version check. The app checks the store for a newer version when the app starts. The update is mandatory.
The digital signage and the Kiosk app are continuous running apps and won’t see the update popup unless the app is restarted for some reason. Cubigo advises installing every app update of the Resident, Staff, Kiosk, Digital signage app once an update is available in the AppStore.
NOTE: Automatic updates are different for devices where the app was installed using MDM and for devices where the app was installed from the AppStore using an AppleID.
- If you used MDM, then the automatic update is managed by MDM. Some MDM flavors can force an update while the app is running, others require a reboot of the device before a pending update is processed.
- If the app was installed from the AppStore, then you can activate the automatic app updates in the settings. This scenario doesn’t support forced updates while the app is running.
- To update Cubigo App on the Apple TV go to the AppStore (on the Apple TV), search for Cubigo, and click on "update" if this is shown.
- You can also set the Apple TV to automatic update:
- Auto Update Feature
- Open the Settings app on Apple TV
- Select "Apps" from the list of options
- Click Automatically Update Apps to turn the feature on. Click it again to turn it off.
- More info on the auto-update can be found here: link
iOS major upgrades
Whenever a new major version of iOS is planned by Apple, Cubigo has the opportunity to develop and test her apps on a beta version of the new OS. When the major version is released to the public, all Cubigo apps will support this version.
Cubigo advises installing any major iOS operating system upgrades the moment they are available to the public. Cubigo does not advise and support beta versions of the iOS operating system. Cubigo guarantees the support on the 2 most recent major OS versions.
iOS security/small upgrades
Between 2 major version releases, Apple releases smaller version upgrades. These upgrades are mostly small security patches. Cubigo tests her apps against the iOS patch releases as soon as possible. Cubigo advises installing iOS security upgrades the moment they are available to the public.