Table reservation is a community service to allow table reservations for the community restaurants by residents, visitors and family. This service is managed in the staff menu (back office) the capacity, service time, reservation length, etc...
Find here a list to our terminology
- Location refers to the restaurant that has its own total capacity (total number of people/seats that can be reserved). For one restaurant location, multiple dining services can be define
- Dining service refers to the restaurant period for when tables can be booked and meals are served (eg dinner service)
A dining service has multiple parameters to be defined:
- a service ( eg Dinner)
- a description
- a location ( Chef's restaurant)
- dinner slot(s) (eg breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- a start time
- an end time
- an availability: days of the week
- an availability: specific days (eg December 25)
- an availability: exception days (eg July 4)
- a max concurrent capacity (max total number of seats bookable by front office/residents)
- an interval length (x minutes)
- a max new capacity (max number of seats bookable per interval)
- a reservation length (x minutes)
- a maximum party size
- extra tags: eg special occasions and high chair selection
- Concurrent capacity refers to the total capacity that can be booked through the front office.
Total capacity – Concurrent capacity = number of seats that can only be booked by staff through the back office. This parameter prevents that residents can ‘overbook’ a service.
- Interval refers to the interval length is the time between the selectable timeslots. This time does not necessarily map on the time the table is actually taken.
- New capacity is a parameter that sets a limit to the number of seat reservations that can start in an interval.
- Maximum party size is the maximum number of people that can be selected in 1 reservation request.