How to create a new activity
In Cubigo, you can manage all kinds of activities for the residents. These will appear in the Activities cubes on the resident's Home screen.
1. To add a new activity, go to the back office > ACTIVITIES > Items
An overview of all the activities in your community will be displayed in the grid.
2. You can use the [Add activity] button to enter a new activity in the ALL calendar. When you select the THIS WEEK calendar view or the THIS MONTH calendar view and hover over a specific day (you may need to scroll down to the bottom if there are a lot of activities that day), you can click on the round blue + button to enter a new activity for a specific day.
ALL calendar view:
THIS WEEK calendar view:
THIS MONTH calendar view:
3. Once the activities Details page opens, begin entering all relevant information about the activity.
4. Image - You can add an image to represent the activity. You can either click inside the grey box and select an image file, or drag and drop an image file from your computer into the grey box.
If you are not satisfied with the image you selected, you can click on the [Remove file] button that appears underneath the uploaded image (next to adjust sizes), then add a different image or leave the Image field blank.
Image Library - this is the button that leads to the image repository of your community. You can download images for the new activity there.
5. Start date - Select the start date of the activity. By default, the current date is selected as the start date. You can select any date in the future.
6. Start time - Select the start time of the activity. By default, 12:00 PM is selected as the start time. To change the Starts at time, click on the up and down arrows or type the time directly into the time fields.
You can now include/exclude AM/PM with activity start times in a day, week, and month calendar export.
7. End time - If you want to define an end time, then checkmark the box next to Set end time as well. Another time selector will appear where you can set the Ends at time.
8. Repeat - By default, the activities are not set to repeat. You can choose from one of the following options in the Repeat drop-down list: Only this date, Daily, Only weekdays (mon-fri), Only weekends (sat-sun), Weekly (select days), Every 2 weeks (select days), Monthly (select day + week), Every 2 months (select day + week).
If you choose to repeat an activity on a weekly or monthly basis, you can select precisely which days you want the activity to repeat. This gives you a wide range of options to choose from. If an activity repeats, it is also necessary to set an end date. By default, this is set to one month from the current date.
9. Category - In order to match activities with resident preferences and interests, we bring in some intelligence via a 3 level category tree for activities. You can label an activity according to 3 levels:
Dimension, Category, and Type.
- As an example, the activity ‘Breathing Yoga with Emily’ will be labeled as follows:
- Level 1 = Dimension - 6 dimensions of wellness (e.g., ‘Physical’)
- Level 2 = Category of activity (e.g., ‘Workout’)
- Level 3 = Type of activity, (e.g., ‘Yoga’)
- Click on the [Select] button to choose the category.
- You many enter the activity in the Search box at the top or select one of the Dimensions in the panel on the left, then choose the activity type and category that is the best match.
- Once you have made your selection, click on the [Choose] button to return to the Details page.
We distinguish between the following 6 dimensions with each of them having their own color tag: Community Engagement, Emotional, Intellectual, Physical, Social, Spiritual.
In our example, if our resident, Emily, attends the Yoga activity, then you would see the red color tag ('Physical' Dimension) for the activity 'Breathing Yoga with Emily'' in the front office for residents.
10. Facilitator - You can select from the drop-down list to choose the person facilitating this activity.
Since both residents and staff can be a facilitator, all active community members appear on the list. In the Search name field, you can type in the person's first name, last name, or apartment number. If you want to deselect the facilitator you have chosen, you can either choose a different name in the list or click on REMOVE SELECTED USER underneath the search field.
The facilitator can be indicated in the Week or Month calendar overview. This helps to get an overview of the workload/planning for each activity facilitator.
Select the facilitator name from the Facilitators drop-down list on the left, then click the round blue arrow to process your entry. The activities corresponding to him/her will all get the same color indication.
11. Title | Short description | Description - These three fields describe the activity.
- The Title is a required field and is always displayed, i.e., in the overview of activities a user has subscribed to.
- The Short description is displayed underneath the title in the detail view of the activity.
- The Description (long description) appears underneath the short description.
In the Short description box, if the description exceeds 30 words, there is a word counter that displays a warning Maximum number of words reached.
Cubigo is enabled with rich text formatting in both the Short description and Description boxes. That way, you can create a hyperlink to an external website for an activity such as booking tickets for an excursion.
12. Calendar - You can publish the activity to all roles available in your community.
- Make your selection from the drop-down list for the target audience.
- You can also publish activities which are only readable/accessible for your colleagues/staff.
13. Location - Select the location from the drop-down list. This will be where the activity takes place.
- These locations were defined when Cubigo set up your community.
- If you choose Other at the bottom of the drop-down list, you can enter any text for the name of the location.
14. Attendees - If this section is hidden, click on Attendees to open the settings.
Number of attendees - You can set the maximum number of attendees for an activity.
Enter a number to indicate how many people are allowed to sign up for this activity.
Enable waitlist after maximum number is reached - You will also have the option to activate a waitlist for this activity. When the maximum number of attendees is reached, residents can no longer sign up, but can click the [Join waitlist] button in the front pages. Residents that join the waitlist are added to your admin attendee overview with a Waitlist status.
Block recurrent sign-up - If the activity is recurrent, residents can subscribe to only one occurrence or to this one and all future occurrences. You can deactivate this option and block recurrent sign-up. In this case, residents will be able to subscribe only to the activity on one particular day.
Open & Close subscriptions at predefined time - For each activity, you can indicate the date on which subscriptions open and get closed. This allows you to work on a draft calendar, only opening up an activity for sign-ups at a future date but having the activity already published in the activity calendar.
- It is possible to set sign-up start and close times for single instance activities and for a single occurrence of a recurring activity.
- When an activity is currently not open for sign-ups, we show a lock icon on the activity in the back office grid and also the week and month calendar views.
- When an activity is currently not open for sign-ups, we give a warning message about the subscription terms in the activity detail. The sign up buttons are only available during the sign-up period.
Close sign-ups at predefined time - For single instance activities for which sign up is mandatory, we allow admin and staff users to define a date and time at which the activity sign-ups are closed.
We inform the resident via the activity detail about the closing status for this specific activity.
Set price for this activity - If there is an extra charge for an activity, you can set the price.
All attendees tracked for this activity will see this activity as 'billable' in the billable domain (invoice overview in user management).
Reminder - Check this option if you want Cubigo to send a reminder to the users that have subscribed to the activity. This reminder will be sent 24 hours before the start of the activity and also 1 hour before the start of the activity time.
15. In-house TV / Digital Signage
- If this section is hidden, click on In-house TV / Digital Signage to open the settings.
- Announce this activity on digital signage in the daily overview - Activities can be broadcasted daily. In the Channels drop-down list, the information will be published on the screens you select (the community channels TV1, TV2, TV3, etc.).
If you indicate ‘Announce this activity on digital signage in the daily overview’ in the activity settings, it will be published in the schedule view. You can also publish it on a separate slide by clicking 'Show details slide of this activity on the digital signage'.If you do not indicate this in the settings, the activity will be published neither in the schedule nor on the separate slide.
- Broadcast a YouTube video on the digital signage / an in-house channel at activity start time - Choose the Channels you want to broadcast to, then insert the YouTube URL link.
- When the activity starts, the video appears on the in-house channel that you selected.
16. Save activity - And last, but not least, remember to save the activity! It is important you do not forget to save the activity; otherwise, the information will not be stored until you click on the blue [Save activity] button at the bottom of the screen.