New features in Cubigo
Release scheduled for June 11, 2018
- We added an icon to show the password in the password field on the login page.
- We now visualize two times for a valet request for staff and resident: the request time and drop-off time (request time + 15 minutes)
- Improve navigation in request flows: a button to navigate back to the service landing page and homescreen is available in every screen. The dining & activities request flows have a wizard in the menu bar to indicate the progress and navigate in the flow.
- Redesign history pages
- Option to view the offer of activities in a weekly and monthly calender view.
- We deleted the day selection (page with 'today', 'tomorrow', 'whole week') in the activities cube to speed up navigation.
- We enable staff to create a deeplink from a news item to an activity (copy activity URL in the activity details + paste URL in a news item with insert hyperlink).
- The activity calendar export has an extra option: week calendar in portrait mode (landscape already available).
- An improved link/button to the attendee overview for an activity in the activity backoffice grid.
- Possibility to deactivate the ‘add request’ and ‘request history’ buttons on a service’s landing page. That way it is possible to activate cubes for a community, without actually enabling requests for residents. E.g. just to display service info, or in case a service will be rolled out in the future.
- Improved sorting of the landing page information tabs in the backoffice (drag & drop).
- Names and profile pics in request details are made clickable to quickly navigate to the user’s profile details.
- Activity, dining and news items: items with the status ‘archived’ are now hidden in the item grids by default.
- We created an import function to batch create dining items by uploading an excel file. We built a generic file format for this and an additional custom parser for 1 customer to easily upload week menus.
Staff & Resident
- The service is visualized for every homescreen reminder (service icon before reminder).
- We enable rich text formatting for the information on landing pages and in news items (bold, underline, italic, strikethrough, lists, insert hyperlink).
- If a request was made by staff for a resident, we now also show the staff name in the request grid and in the request details.
- We built an API integration with TELS that enables the resident or frontdesk to post maintenance requests from Cubigo to TELS, requests will be kept in synch while being processed in TELS.
- Add maintenance due date in maintenance request and show due date to requestor if this option is activated (configurable).
- In a maintenance request, there is now an option where the resident can indicate whether staff is allowed to enter the apartment.
- We built the possibility for a community to show their own community logo and preferred color in the top menu bar and on the homescreen.
- A new ‘Information’ or community cube with a landing page and information tabs to display general community info. The logo of the cube is customisable, the community logo can be used for this cube on the homescreen.
- Notification texts have been improved and now contain more detailed information.
- We added a ‘Mark all as seen’ option in notification center that gives all unread notifications a read status.
Various technical and UI improvements (backend translations, styleguide, etc.)